Just a quick note, the final post in the "2014 Storylines" series was supposed to be this afternoon, but I've been getting my ass kicked by a cold for the last few days. I'll try to get it written sometime tomorrow, so check back for that. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, SJK of NoMaas commented on the Ichiro situation and advised against trading him in a salary dump only move. As little use as I have for Ichiro, I'm inclined to agree. Move him only if you can get something of equal value back.
- On Tuesday, el duque of It Is High... predicted the inevitable Spring Training trade and didn't sound too optimistic about the possible return.
- SG of RLYW broke down the numbers to project Brian Roberts' 2014 season. Not a lot of value there, as you'd probably expect.
- On Wednesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog elaborated on the idea of Francisco Cervelli becoming a legit trade chip and used some historical comps to see what the future might hold for him elsewhere.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud talked to Slade Heathcott about his rehab from knee surgery and the changes he's trying to make to his approach. Real good insight into Heathcott's mindset for this season.
- Jonathan Aron of Yanks Go Yard released Part I of his top 10 base stealers in Yankee history list.
- On Thursday, Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA analyzed CC Sabathia's early mechanical struggles, complete with awesome layered gif showing the resulting command inconsistencies.
- Mike Axisa of RAB previewed his breakout prospect candidates for 2014.
- On Friday, Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley explained why trading Francisco Cervelli for Gordon Beckham would be a bad idea.
- Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits attempted to put the Dellin Betances hype in the proper perspective and reminded everyone that there are better options available.
This week's jam is "Armatage Shanks" by Green Day. Hadn't heard this one in a long time until it popped up on my iPod earlier this week. Green Day wasn't half bad back in the day before they got too into wearing eyeliner.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Searching for meaning in a meaningless universe
8 hours ago