It was a light workout day yesterday before the Yankees' first ST game of 2014. They had their players' union meeting and did their annual team bonding outing (pool tournament), and there was a little pitching.
- The highlight of that pitching was Masahiro Tanaka throwing batting practice and continuing to get rave reviews on his splitter. Did you know it's what was in Marcellus Wallace's briefcase in "Pulp Fiction"?
- CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda also threw morning BP, David Phelps threw a sim game, and Adam Warren, Preston Claiborne, Manny Banuelos, and Mark Montgomery all got early sessions in.
- As for today's lineup, we still don't know what it's going to be but Joe did say that Brett Gardner, Francisco Cervelli, and Kelly Johnson would be the only regulars to play. And we already knew that Vidal Nuno was getting the start.
- Andrew Bailey showed up to camp and did some stretching and long toss. He told the media he was "100%" expecting to pitch this season.
- He didn't do much, but Alfonso Soriano was back on the field and in action this morning. Looks like he's over his flu.
Yankee For A Minute: 1992
6 hours ago