Can't talk now, gotta keep a close watch on the weather forecast for the next 20 hours to make sure my flight home for Christmas is still able to leave on time. Suffice it to say I'll be quite Grinch-y if I'm stuck at the airport all day tomorrow. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog took a very detailed look back at some classic Yankee hot stove deals that weren't. This was a fantastic read. Seriously, stop reading this and click the link and read that instead.
- SJK of NoMaas lamented the potential scrap heap strategy the Yankees might use to fill out their roster if they try to keep the luxury tax avoidance goal in play.
- On Tuesday, SG of RLYW compared Matt Thornton and Boone Logan's previous stats and next year projections to show how the Yankees made 2 good decisions in signing one and letting the other walk.
- On Wednesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud compared next year's projected Opening Day starting lineup to the starting lineup from 2013. It actually is a lot better. Some people might have forgotten that.
- Craig Edwards of Pinstripe Alley discussed Brett Gardner's value in terms of this offseason's trade market to show why the Yankees have been smart to not move him. Yet.
- Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA took a closer look at Dean Anna to see if he could be of service as part of the infield rotation next season.
- On Thursday, Mike Axisa of RAB commented on the high injury risk to the 3 for sure returning members of the rotation and how that could impact the team's chances of going after more rotation help this offseason.
- Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits examined the pre- and post-injury performances of players who suffered similar wrist injuries to Mark Teixeira to see if they could tell us anything about what to expect from Teix.
- Jason Evans of Yanks Go Yard pondered the idea of trading for Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks. As someone who's had the displeasure of watching Weeks play for the last few years, my vote would be no.
This Friday's jam is a song about jams. About kicking out the jams actually. I got another week of no work in front of me and I'm ready to get loose so let's kick 'em out.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Do Not Cross
1 hour ago