Those Winter Meetings were a bit of a letdown, eh? I don't know why I didn't see this coming, but I really expected the Yankees to keep their momentum rolling through this week and come out with a few more new faces. Instead they mostly spun their tires and turned down what I'm sure were a bunch of crummy trade offers for Brett Gardner. Oh well, they were doing alright for themselves before they had to act and interact with every other team around. Maybe things will pick back up now that the brain trust can return to home base. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes checked Chase Headley's spray charts to see how his offensive game would play in Yankee Stadium.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had a compilation of Yankee-centric reactions to Joe Torre's HOF election.
- Vizzini of NoMaas became the latest to bring up the idea of extending D-Rob now. Makes sense, but sadly it probably won't happen.
- On Tuesday, Fernando Alejandro of Respect Jeter's Gangster pondered the idea of the Yankees becoming a franchise without a face after Derek Jeter retires.
- SG of RLYW ran his CAIRO projections again to see how much the recent Yankee moves have helped their cause. The projected win total went up, but still not enough to get them back to the postseason.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB profiled Mark Ellis as an off-the-board second base option. He doesn't hit much, but I'd rather have him than Phillips.
- William Tasker of IIATMS/TYA looked back at Joe Torre's time as Yankee manager to put some simple, sound statistical perspective on his tenure and show how Torre should have been more appreciated than he was/is.
- On Thursday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits looked for some reasons why the Yankees could have chosen Ellsbury over Cano.
- Scott Alfano of Yanks Go Yard put together a current version of next year's starting lineup. Even without Robbie there, that's still not bad. Could be better, but it's not bad.
- Michael Brown of Pinstripe Alley argued the reasons why the Yankees should keep Brett Gardner rather than use him as trade bait. I'm picking up what you're putting down, Mike. And I think a lot of other Yankee fans are too.
- On Friday, el duque of It Is High... commented on David Adams leaving the Yankees for Cleveland and how the decision to let Adams walk might come back to bite the Yanks next year.
Mastodon released their new live album this week and it absolutely owns. I wanted to find "Ghost Of Karelia" from that show but it's not up anywhere online yet, so instead we'll go with the live version from their previous live album. Song rocks the shit either way.
The biggest mistake the Yankees made in the postseason
48 minutes ago