(Still can't quite believe this happened. Courtesy of Getty Images)
We've got 2 down and 1 to go on the 2013 AB4AR season recap. Yesterday it was the regular season and today it wraps up with the best and worst of the postseason, or the offseason really since the Yankees failed to make it to the postseason this year. Out of everything from the past 3 months, here are the choicest selections.
- "On CC's 2013 Home Run Problem." Another no-so-thrilling look at the big fella's bad season. If you were hoping the homers were just a fluke, you were disappointed reading this.
- "This Postseason Is Everything The Yankees Aren't." Most of us knew pretty early on in the year that the Yankees weren't going to be major postseason players, if they even made it. Watching the teams that did get in, it was almost for the best that the Bombers weren't among them.
- "The One Where I Say Something Positive About Hal Steinbrenner." It's been a real hot and cold year for me when it comes to Hal. He's gotten me back on board with him somewhat thanks to his aggressive approach this offseason.
- "Musing On The Playing Time Breakdown At Shortstop." Re-reading this now, I think even 100 games at short for Jeter next year might be too many. Guess we'll see how he looks in Spring Training.
- "The Ellsbury-Boras-Cano" Connection." An admittedly stretched conspiracy theory that ended up being nowhere close to correct and only took 2 days to be proven completely wrong.
- "Revisiting The Curtis Granderson Trade 4 Years Later." Still wish we could see how Jackson and Kennedy's careers would have played out in New York over the last 4 seasons. Could have entirely changed the landscape of this offseason.
Well that's it. Those are the highest highlights and lowest lowlights of 2013. Starting tomorrow we'll reset the ticker and see what 2014 has in store. Happy New Year, everybody.