Thank you to the NHL for scheduling Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals for Saturday and not tonight. If it was tonight, I don't think I'd make it to the second intermission. From the NBA Finals game on Tuesday night to Game 4 Wednesday night back to NBA Finals Game 7 last night, that's a lot of late nights and 4-hour text marathons with everybody I know who's been watching. Waking up early to write game recaps about some of the puke we've seen on the baseball diamond this week doesn't make things any easier. I need me a nap and I needed it yesterday. If I'm still in the office by the team this post goes up later, I have failed myself as a cubicle monkey and a human being. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had the real meat and potatoes from the Cashman conference call, with detailed quotes about Teix, Youkilis, and the trade market.
- Mike Axisa of RAB touched on the positive trend in Dellin Betances' performance since being converted back to the bullpen in Triple-A.
- On Tuesday, el duque of It Is High... was back with his always snarky and almost always spot on dose of perspective on the current lay of the Yankee land.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits started looking at realistic trade options for the Yankees as the deadline starts to appear in the distance.
- Mark Feinsand of The Daily News hopped in the way back machine with Brian Cashman and got Cash's explanation on the "Girardi-over-Mattingly" managerial hire.
- On Thursday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog analyzed the Yankees' performance against their Pythagorean expectation now that they have an even run differential and saw bad things in their future.
- Rob Abruzzese of Bronx Baseball Daily ranked Don Mattingly's top 10 Yankee moments, fitting for his return to New York earlier this week.
- Walter Peck of NoMaas wasn't all that thrilled with the Yankees' promotional selections for the All Star Game. You mean Ichiro doesn't deserve to be there??
- On Friday, Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA pondered the possibility of David Phelps maintaining his high K rate. That has always stuck out to me more than anything about Phelps. He was never a high K guy in the upper levels of the Minors.
Tanya Bondurant of Pinstriped Bible wondered if Michael Pineda could take Phil Hughes' rotation spot. Yes, Tanya. Yes he could and yes he will.
- SG of RLYW compared the lineup's actual performance to its projected performance to show how badly they've been underproducing. If you want to take that as a sign that things will turn around, be my guest.
This week's jam is "Tomorrow Never Knows" by The Beatles. Good tune to unwind to after a long, tiring week.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.