Thursday, March 29, 2012

Austin Romine's Back Is Killing Me (And Probably Him Too)

Austin, bro, you're killing me.  I had faith in you.  I stood by you after a rough 2011 season and kept the faith.  I ranked you #4 in my Top 30 Prospects when nobody else even had you in their top 5 because I honestly believe you can be a good Major League catcher.  I put myself out there for you and this is how you repay me?  By hurting your back again?  It's bad enough that you haven't done jack shit in ST because of your back injury, and then when you're on the cusp of returning you tweak it again and now you're going to miss the start of the Triple-A season.  You're a young man for crying out loud!  You shouldn't have back problems.  Clean that shit up, dude.  A catcher with back issues is not a good look.

Somebody get this guy a Shiatsu massage chair, one of those big metal back braces like the one Sweet Dee wears in "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," and some Icy Hot back patches, stat!



P.S.- Russell Martin's agent must be loving this.

No comments: