Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thank Goodness Joe Girardi Didn't Do What Tony LaRussa Did Last Night


Because I would have FUCKING LOST IT.

Seriously, I wouldn't even be able to write about it today because I would either still be in jail for completely trashing my apartment in a drunken rage to the point that my neighbors called the police because they were afraid there was a domestic violence incident taking place in my living room, or I would be fucking dead.  Dead from my brain exploding as I tried to make sense of what I just saw.  By now, everybody who reads AB4AR on a daily basis should know that I'm not a fan of Joe's bullpen management, and this would have sent me over the edge.

I hate to even talk about a World Series that the Yankees aren't playing in, but that was just fucking brutal last night.  Really, dude?  The phone wasn't working?  It was too loud in the stadium?  The bullpen coach thought you said "Lynn" instead of "Motte?"  Who the fuck confuses "Lynn" for "Motte???"  A blindfolded Marlee Matlin wouldn't confuse "Lynn" for "Motte."

And then you throw in the intentional walks and having the lefty face Mike Napoli and you're probably looking at the biggest managerial fuck up in baseball history.  I'm just glad that I didn't have to watch it play out with Girardi in LaRussa's place and even more glad I didn't have to listen to Tim McCarver's commentary on it.

(Hilarious LaRussa gif via SBNation)

No comments: