In honor of the changing of the months, and the upcoming 4th of July weekend, we're going to take a quick lap around the Yankosphere. It's what the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote the Declaration of Independence.
- Alphonso at It Is High... takes a jab, and a funny jab at that, at the job Eduardo Nunez has done as Jeter's replacement. It's funny because it's true.
- In the same vein as that post, Brien at IIATMS takes a more statistical look at the Jeter vs. Nunez debate and shows that, despite his decline, Jeter is the better player. My 2 cents on the matter? I think Jeter is the better everyday option, even though I do like Nunez for some reason. But that doesn't mean he should be hitting leadoff.
- Chad at LoHud has the latest injury updates on the Yankee walking wounded. First Hughes, now Jeter. The Thunder roster is getting STACKED.
- Mike at RAB makes a case for the Yankees adding Mike Adams to the 'pen. I like me some Mike Adams, so I would support that move.
- Double dose from the crew at TYA. First, Matt Imbrogno tries to determine who the odd man out should be with the soon to be overcrowded rotation.
- Second, Mike J-R digs deeper into the wOBA statistic. Fair warning to old-time baseball people: You will not want to read this. Also, you're idiots for not recognizing its value to the game.
- William at The Captain's Blog looks at the Yankees' first half and tries to predict how they'll do the rest of the way.
- Lastly, we've got 2 separate and very entertaining interviews with MiL director Mark Newman. First, Mike Ashmore gets the scoop on a wide variety of topics, including injury rehab for guys like David Adams, Jeremy Bleich, and Graham Stoneburner, what the deal is with Brackman, and the philosophy regarding handling young pitchers.
- Sensei John Kreese of NoMaas also touched on a ton of points in his interview with Newman. Definitely a must read. I was particularly interested to read Newman's take on the "Brien Gordon over the Triple-A guys" decision.
NYY News: Marcell Ozuna linked to Yanks
3 hours ago