In honor of one the 5 greatest Yankee pitchers of all time, AB4AR presents these links from around the Yankosphere on his retirement.
- Phil Coffin from the NYT Baseball Blog has a collection of quotes from past and present teammates, players, and coaches.
- Jason at IIATMS put together Andy's Greatest Postseason Hits.
- Minor Matters takes a look at what Andy's retirement might mean for the Yankee pitching prospects.
- SJK at NoMaas uses another one of their classic Photoshops to reflect on Andy's career.
- Jay Jaffe at Pinstriped Bible puts together a nice reflective piece.
- Donnie Collins at the SWB blog examines where Andy's numbers put him in Yankee and baseball history.
- William at The Captain's Blog discusses Pettitte's HGH admission and how it should not be a stain on his great career.
- Matt Warden at Yankeeist with another beautifully-written piece on Pettitte's career.
- Larry Koestler, also of Yankeeist, talks about where Andy's retirement leaves the 2011 rotation.
- Mike Axisa at RAB put together a fantastic photo collection tracing Andy's entire Yankee career. A couple of really good shots in there. Definitely don't NOT check this out.
- And last but not least, and even though it really wasn't that long ago, Steve S. at TYU goes back and revisits Andy's final game in pinstripes.
It's been a great career for Andy, and obviously we're all going to miss him. I'll take one more opportunity to thank him for all he's done for the Yankee organization and wish him well in his retirement. My only regret is that I won't be able to watch the press conference today.
The final image of Andy's final play as a Yankee: