Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Morning Linkapalooza

Here's a quick selection for you to peruse on this Friday:

- Mike at RAB reminds us that the current issues plaguing the Yankee rotation are nothing new to the team.  I myself had never even stopped to consider the similarities between this time last year and this time this year, and when you see that the Yanks do have almost an identical record to what they had this time in 2009 with a better run differential, it does make you feel a little better.  So thanks for that, Mike.

- Multiple takes on the MLB revenue sharing leaks from earlier this week: Larry from IATMS' is here, Rob Neyer's is here, and Jayson Stark's is here.  There are plenty of opinions out there, and while I don't think that teams should HAVE to spend every cent they receive through the program, they should at least make an effort if they're going to bitch and moan about how much money the Yankees have.  No matter what you think, this news this week shows just how flawed the current system is.

- SJK at No Maas goes big time Debbie Downer on The Horse's and The Captain's 2010 seasons.  It hurts to look at those numbers and while I don't think either of the 2 are finished by any stretch of the imagine, the numbers don't lie.  It is officially time for us all to accept that 2 of the greatest players of their generation are starting their declines.  Hopefully they still have something left in those bats for the postseason.

- While Jeet and A-Diaz may be scuffling this year, the ageless Mo continues to churn along, and Mark Simon of ESPN NY discusses Mo's lessened workload this year and how that extra rest may translate to more postseason success.  I'll take an extra helping of that, please!

- Chad Jennings at LoHud has the details on the biggest event of the day for all Yankee fans, Andy's bullpen session.  I've got my lucky rabbit's foot in one hand and my lucky bean from the Jersey shore in the other, praying to Joe Pesci that the groin holds up.

- And if it doesn't, Steve S. at TYU thinks that signals the arrival of Hiroki Kuroda.  I can't say I would be thrilled with this move, given that the Yanks are still in first and getting decent innings from Dustin Moseley.  But if Pettitte is shelved for the year, I think I'd rather go into battle in the playoffs with Kuroda as my 4th starter over Moseley or Vazquez.

No comments: